Rural Development’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative focuses on non-profits and community organizations, both secular and faith based, looking for ways to positively impact their communities by utilizing USDA resources.
Under this initiative, organizations wishing to improve the overall quality of life in their communities by addressing social and economic issues such as but not limited to reducing unwanted pregnancies, supporting maternal and child health, strengthening the role of community organizations in economic recovery, reducing need for abortion, fostering an interfaith dialogue or promoting responsible fatherhood and healthy families will be equally considered for USDA funding regardless of the organization’s level of affiliation with faith or worship.
Rural Development is committed to helping faith and community organizations learn about and access programs that can enhance their capacity to serve their communities.
- Whitehouse Executive Order
- Faith and Opportunity Initiative (PDF)
- USDA FBNP Website Learn about the Initiative and the many ways that faith and community groups can partner with USDA to help those in need.
- Food and Nutrition Service's Partnership Page Does your organization need food to distribute? See all the ways USDA's Food and Nutrition Service can help.
- HUD Faith-Based Initiative