Strategic Economic and Community Development (SECD) funding is authorized through a Farm Bill provision that supports regional economic and community development planning.
SECD supports projects that promote and implement strategic community investment plans. These plans use the unique strengths of rural communities to advance prosperity. USDA Rural Development helps finance these projects to build community prosperity by using community assets, identifying resources, convening partners and leveraging federal, state, local or private funding. Priority may be given to applications submitted through the following covered programs:
- Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant Program;
- Community Facilities Guaranteed Loan Program;
- Water and Waste Disposal Loan and Grant Program;
- Water and Waste Disposal Loan Guarantees;
- Business & Industry Loan Guarantees;
- Rural Business Development Grants; and
- Community Connect Grants.
For program details and application periods, please visit the Strategic Economic and Community Development (SEC-D) program page.