The homes must be located in presidentially declared disaster areas. People living in the Bering Strait, Denali, Kenai Peninsula, Matanuska-Susitna, and Yukon-Koyukuk regions in Alaska may be eligible for this funding.
The grants are being made available through supplemental disaster funding under the Rural Disaster Home Repair Grant Program. Through this program, people may apply to receive grants of up to $40,675 directly from USDA to repair their homes.
Funds will be available until expended. They may be used to:
- Disaster related home repair expenses (including costs incurred prior to application)
- Site preparation
- The cost to transfer a manufactured home
To be eligible:
- applicants must have household incomes that do not exceed the low-limits based on their household size and region.
- homes must be located in an eligible rural area.
- homes must be located in a Presidentially declared disaster areas 2022.
Residents in the following buroughs may be eligible for the funding:
- Bering Strait Region, due to Typhoon Merbok
- Denali, due to wildfires
- Kenai Peninsula, due to a landslide
- Matanuska-Susitna, due to a severe storm
- Yukon-Koyukuk, due to wildfires