If you’re seeking housing in a rural area but struggling with the cost, we can help.
We offer mortgage loans with low rates and no down payment requirement for low-income residents in rural areas who wish to buy or build a home.
With a USDA loan guarantee, private lenders will offer mortgage loans that would otherwise not be available. Rural residents should work directly with their lender, and the lender should apply to USDA.
We also finance nonprofits that can help rural residents build their own homes, buying down the price with their sweat equity. Find out if a nonprofit is operating a self-help program in your area.
If your rural home is in need of critical repairs that are beyond what you can afford, we offer low-interest loans, as well as grants for seniors. We also finance nonprofits that can help with home repairs or water well replacements.
If you’re not ready to buy a home, USDA finances affordable rental housing across rural America and offers rental assistance to ensure low-income families pay no more than 30 percent of their income on housing. Contact the USDA-financed apartment directly to inquiry about vacancies and available rental assistance.
- Single Family Housing Direct Loans
- Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program
- Mutual Self-Help Housing Technical Assistance Grant Program
- Single Family Housing Repair Program
- Housing Preservation Grants Program
- Household Water Well System Grants
- Multi-Family Housing, Find Rentals
- Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance