U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Subsidios para eliminación de agua y desechos para aliviar los riesgos para la salud en tierras tribales y colonias en Idaho


What does this program do?

This program provides low-income communities, which face significant health risks, access to safe, reliable drinking water and waste disposal facilities and services.

Who may apply?

  • State and local governmental entities serving eligible areas
  • Nonprofit organizations
  • Utility districts serving Colonias
  • Federally recognized tribes

What is an eligible area?

  • Federally recognized tribal lands
  • Areas recognized as Colonias before October 1, 1989 
  • Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less

Residents of the area to be served must face significant health risks due to a lack of access to, or use of adequate, affordable water or waste disposal.

NOTE: Areas not located in a Colonia must meet per capita income and unemployment rate requirements. Contact your local RD office for information.

What may the funds be used for?

  • Construction of basic drinking water and waste disposal systems, including storm drainage

NOTE: Utility districts may also be able to provide grants to individual households to install indoor plumbing and connect to the system.

Are matching funds required?

Partnerships with other federal, state and local entities are encouraged; however, a 100 percent grant may be offered in some circumstances if funds are available.

How do we get started?

What if we have questions?

  • Contact your local RD office
  • Participating nonprofits may also offer assistance and training

What governs this program?

Colonias – This is a term used to describe subdivisions located outside incorporated areas along the U.S.-Mexico border where residents face significant health risks due to a significant portion of the community lacking access to clean, reliable, affordable drinking water and/or waste disposal systems.

Federally recognized tribes - federally recognized tribes are eligible for many USDA Rural Development programs. A list of all federally recognized tribes is published in the Federal Register and posted at  https://www.bia.gov/tribal-leaders-directory. Additionally, a few RD programs include tribes on state reservations as eligible applicants. More information on those programs is available at the Government Accountability Office site.

Tribal Lands – USDA Rural Development can help finance projects on Indian lands in rural areas. For further information on Indian lands and other American Indian/Alaska Native topics, visit the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian Affairs website: www.bia.gov/FAQs.

National Architect Requirements:

There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above. 

There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.

IDAHO - Contactos del programa comunitario

Oficinas de área:

Norte de Idaho (ubicación de la oficina: Coeur d'Alene)
(Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, Shoshone)
Howard Lunderstadt , especialista en programas comunitarios
Teléfono: (208) 209-4367
Christine Fisher , directora de área
Teléfono: (208) 209-4364

Oeste de Idaho (Ubicación de la oficina: Caldwell)
(Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, Washington)
Noe Ramirez , Especialista en Programas Comunitarios
Teléfono: (208) 779-3441
Tobin Dixon , Director de Área
Teléfono: (208) 779-3441

Centro de Idaho (Ubicación de la oficina: Twin Falls)
(Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Twin Falls)
Tony Ballestero , Especialista en Programas Comunitarios
Teléfono: (208) 944-3739

Este de Idaho (Ubicación de la oficina: Blackfoot)
(Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Bonneville, Butte, Caribou, Clark, Custer, Franklin, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, Oneida, Power, Teton)
Stephen Woolf , especialista en programas comunitarios (Blackfoot)
Teléfono: (208) 690-3545
Amy Christman , técnica del programa comunitario (Blackfoot)
Teléfono : (208) 690-3540
Dale Lish , Director de Área (Blackfoot)
Teléfono: (208) 690-3538

Oficina Estatal de Idaho (Ubicación de la oficina: Boise)
Noel LaRoque , Director, Programas Comunitarios
Teléfono: (208) 378-5619
Kent Erickson , ingeniero civil
Teléfono: (208) 327-6462
Kevin Ryan , ingeniero civil
Teléfono: (208) 378-5617
Alexandria Hanson , asistente de préstamos para programas comunitarios
Teléfono : (208) 378-5618

There are currently no events scheduled.