To apply for Water & Environmental Grant and Loan funding, visit RD Apply, our newly developed, online application system.
Through Rural Utilities Service Water and Environmental Programs (WEP), rural communities obtain the technical assistance and financing necessary to develop drinking water and waste disposal systems. Safe drinking water and sanitary waste disposal systems are vital not only to public health, but also to the economic vitality of rural America. Rural Development is a leader in helping rural America improve the quality of life and increase the economic opportunities for rural people.
WEP provides funding for the construction of water and waste facilities in rural communities and is proud to be the only Federal program exclusively focused on rural water and waste infrastructure needs of rural communities with populations of 10,000 or less. WEP also provides funding to organizations that provide technical assistance and training to rural communities in relation to their water and waste activities. WEP is administered through National Office staff in Washington, DC, and a network of field staff in each State.
USDA Rural Development Water and Environmental Programs:
- Circuit Rider Program
- Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants
- Grants for Rural and Native Alaskan Villages
- Rural Decentralized Water Systems Grant Program
- Individual Water & Wastewater Grants
- Revolving Funds for Financing Water and Wastewater Projects (Revolving Fund Program)
- SEARCH - Special Evaluation Assistance for Rural Communities and Households
- Solid Waste Management Grants
- Water & Waste Disposal Grants to Alleviate Health Risks on Tribal Lands and Colonias
- Water & Waste Disposal Loans & Grants
- Water & Waste Disposal Loan Guarantees
- Water & Waste Disposal Predevelopment Planning Grants
- Water & Waste Disposal Technical Assistance & Training Grants