U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Préstamos y subvenciones para instalaciones de agua y desechos para aliviar los riesgos para la salud en tierras tribales en Utah


What does this program do?

This program helps get safe, reliable drinking water and waste disposal services to low-income communities that face significant health risks.

Who can apply?

  • Federally-recognized Tribes
  • State and local governments that serve eligible areas
  • Nonprofit organizations that serve eligible areas

What is an eligible area?

  • Federally-recognized Tribal lands
  • Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or fewer

Residents in the area served must face significant health risks resulting from lack of access to – or use of – adequate, affordable water or waste disposal services. Eligible entities must serve customer bases comprised of at least 50 percent Tribal members. Eligible areas also must meet per capita income and unemployment rate requirements. You can contact your local USDA Rural Development office.

How can funds be used?

Funds can be used to build basic drinking water and waste disposal systems, including systems to handle storm-water drainage.

Are matching funds required?

Usually, yes. Partnerships with other federal, state, or local entities are encouraged. However, under some circumstances — and when funding is available — a 100 percent grant is possible.

How do we get started?

Applications are accepted year-round in your local USDA Rural Development office.

Who can answer questions?

  • You can contact your local USDA Rural Development office for help.
  • Participating nonprofits also offer assistance and training. Ask your local RD office if any such organizations exist in your area.

What governs this program?

Karl Larsen , Director de Programas Comunitarios (801) 524-4325

Para proyectos en los siguientes condados: Carbon, Davis, Emery, Grand, Salt Lake, San Juan, Sanpete, Utah, Weber, comuníquese con Karl Larsen (801) 524-4325

Para proyectos ubicados en los siguientes condados: Beaver, Box Elder, Juab, Millard, Tooele; comuníquese con Colette Walker (435) 893-3340

Para proyectos ubicados en los siguientes condados: Cache, Daggett, Duchesne, Morgan, Rich, Summit, Uintah, Wasatch; comuníquese con Kevin Hacking - (435) 789-2100 ext #121

Para proyectos ubicados en los siguientes condados: Garfield, Iron, Kane, Piute, Sevier, Washington, Wayne; póngase en contacto con RaKell Syddall 435-893-3342

Ingenieros del Estado:

Mateo Davison (801) 524-4327

Christian Bennett (801) 803-1243