What does this program do?
RCDI grants are awarded to help non-profit housing and community development organizations, low-income rural communities and federally recognized tribes support housing, community facilities and community and economic development projects in rural areas.
Who may apply for this program?
- Public bodies
- Non-profit organizations
- Qualified Private (for-profit) Organizations
What is an eligible area?
Rural and rural area--Any area other than (i) a city or town that has a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants; and (ii) the urbanized area contiguous and adjacent to such city or town. .
How may funds be used?
To improve housing, community facilities, and community and economic development projects in rural areas.
Rural Community Development Initiative grants may be used for, but are not limited to:
Training sub-grantees to conduct:
- Home-ownership education
- Minority business entrepreneur education
Providing technical assistance to sub-grantees on
- Strategic plan development
- Accessing alternative funding sources
- Board training
- Developing successful child care facilities
- Creating training tools, such as videos, workbooks, and reference guides
- Effective fundraising techniques
What kind of funding is available?
- Minimum grant award is $50,000; maximum grant award is $250,000
- Grant funds are limited and are awarded through a competitive process
Are matching funds required?
- Matching fund requirement equal to amount of grant
- In-kind contributions cannot be used as matching funds
- Partnerships with other federal, state, local, private and nonprofit entities are encouraged
How do we get started?
- Applications are accepted on an annual basis through a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) in the Federal Register
- Program Resources are available online (includes forms needed, guidance, certifications etc.)
Who can answer questions?
Contact your local RD office.
What governs this program?
Code of Federal Regulation; 2 CFR 200 and Guidelines announced in NOFA, published in the Federal Register.
NOTE: Because citations and other information may be subject to change please always consult the program Instructions listed in the section above titled "What Law Governs this Program?" You may also contact your State Office RCDI Contact for assistance.
NOTE: If state specific forms are not shown above, please refer to the application materials listed below to start the process of applying. Please ensure that your state is selected in the dropdown menu above to find the State Office contact information for this program and speak to a Community Programs Specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you valuable time in the process.
An application package can be downloaded from Grants.gov CFDA 10.446
For more information about this program, or to file an application, contact the Rural Development State Office RCDI Contact.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
For information or to file an application, contact the Rural Development (RD) office serving your county:
Anniston: (256) 835-7821, ext. 4
Counties served: Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, DeKalb, Etowah, Randolph, Talladega
Bay Minette: (251) 937-3297, ext. 5
Counties served: Baldwin, Clarke, Conecuh, Escambia, Mobile, Monroe, Washington
Camden: (334) 682-4116, ext. 4
Counties served: Autauga, Butler, Chilton, Choctaw, Dallas, Lowndes, Marengo, Perry, Wilcox
Cullman: (256) 734-6471 ext. 5
Counties served: Blount, Cullman, Franklin, Jefferson, Marion, St. Clair, Walker, Winston
Huntsville: (256) 532-1677 ext. 5
Counties served: Colbert, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marshall, Morgan
Ozark: (334) 774-4926 ext. 4
Counties served: Barbour, Coffee, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Pike
Tuscaloosa: (205) 553-1733 ext. 5
Counties served: Bibb, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Lamar, Pickens, Shelby, Sumter, Tuscaloosa
Tuskegee: (334) 725-3321 ext. 4
Counties served: Bullock, Chambers, Coosa, Elmore, Lee, Macon, Montgomery, Tallapoosa, Russell
There are currently no events scheduled.