Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants in Idaho
What does this program do?
This program helps eligible communities prepare, or recover from, an emergency that threatens the availability of safe, reliable drinking water.
Who may apply?
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Nonprofit organizations
- Federally recognized tribes
What kind of event can qualify as an emergency?
- Drought or flood
- Tornado or hurricane
- Disease outbreak
- Chemical spill, leak or seepage
- Other disasters
NOTE: A federal disaster declaration is not required.
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less -- check eligible addresses
- Tribal lands in rural areas
The area to be served must also have a median household income less-than the state's median household income for non-metropolitan areas. Contact your local RD office for details.
How may the funds be used?
- Water transmission line grants up to $150,000 to construct waterline extensions, repair breaks or leaks in existing water distribution lines, and address related maintenance necessary to replenish the water supply
- Water source grants up to $1,000,000 are to construct a water source, intake or treatment facility
Are matching funds required?
- Partnerships with other federal, state, local, private and nonprofit entities are encouraged
How do we get started?
- Applications for this program are accepted year round,
online at https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/rd-apply or through your local RD office.
- Program resources are available online (forms, guidance, certifications, etc.).
Who can answer questions?
- Staff in your local RD office
- Participating nonprofit associations
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulation, 7 CFR 1778
- Section 306A of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
This program helps prevent damage or restore households and business' access to clean, reliable drinking water in eligible rural areas and towns following natural disasters. Funding can improve the natural environment and encourage manufacturers and other businesses to locate or expand operations.
NOTE: Please select your state in the dropdown menu above to find the state office contact information and speak to a program specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you time in completing your application.
There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
IDAHO - Community Program Contacts
Northern Idaho ( Office Location: Coeur d'Alene)
(Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, Shoshone)
Howard Lunderstadt, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 209-4367
John Lynn, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 209-4363
Christine Fisher, Area Director
Phone: (208) 209-4364
Western Idaho (Office Location: Caldwell)
(Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, Washington)
Noe Ramirez, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 779-3440
Tobin Dixon, Area Director
Phone: (208) 779-3441
Central Idaho (Office Location: Twin Falls)
(Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Twin Falls)
Tony Ballestero, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 944-3739
Eastern Idaho (Office Location: Preston Satellite Office - Blackfoot Area Office)
(Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Bonneville, Butte, Caribou, Clark, Custer, Franklin, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, Oneida, Power, Teton)
Lana Duke, Community Program Specialist (Preston)
Phone: (208) 244-3937
Stephen Woolf, Community Program Specialist (Blackfoot)
Phone: (208) 690-3545
Amy Christman, Community Programs Technician (Blackfoot)
Phone: (208) 690-3540
Dale Lish, Area Director
Phone: (208) 690-3538
Idaho State Office (Office Location: Boise)
Noel LaRoque, Director, Community Programs
Phone: (208) 378-5619
Kent Erickson, Civil Engineer
Phone: (208) 327-6462
Kevin Ryan, Civil Engineer
Phone: (208) 378-5617
Alexandria Hanson, Community Programs Loan Assistant
Phone: (208) 378-5618