Water & Waste Disposal Technical Assistance & Training Grants in Idaho
What does this program do?
This program helps qualified, private nonprofits provide technical assistance and training to identify and evaluate solutions to water and waste problems; helps applicants prepare applications for water and waste disposal loans/grants; and helps associations improve the operation and maintenance of water and waste facilities in eligible rural areas.
Who may apply?
- Nonprofits that have the proven ability, background, experience and capacity to provide technical assistance or training on a national, regional or state basis.
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less -- check eligible addresses
- Tribal lands in rural areas
How may the funds be used?
- To identify and evaluate solutions to water problems related to source, storage, treatment, distribution, collection, treatment and disposal.
- To provide technical assistance and training to improve management, operations and maintenance of water and waste disposal systems.
- To prepare water and waste disposal loan and grant applications.
Are there terms for grants?
- The project period for these grants is one year starting Oct. 1 and ending Sept. 30.
- Applicant contributions must be used before USDA grant funds.
- This is a reimbursement grant.
- Grants are subject to the availability of funds.
How do we get started?
- Download the FY 2020 Technical Assistance & Training Grant Application Guide
- Single-state applications are accepted annually through your local RD office from October 1 - December 31. Multi-state or national applications are accepted through the RD national office.
- Program resources are available online (forms, guidance, certifications, etc.).
Who currently participates in this program?
Who can answer questions?
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulations 7 CFR 1775
- Section 306(a)(14)(A) of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act 7 U.S.C. 1921 et seq.
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
This program helps small communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities for households and businesses. Good practices can save tax dollars, improve the natural environment and may be necessary for manufacturers and other types of businesses to locate or expand operations.
NOTE: Program details may change over time. Before you begin an application, please confirm you have the most current information by contacting a program specialist in your local RD office for assistance, or consult the Program Instructions listed in the section above titled "What Governs this Program?"
There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
IDAHO - Community Program Contacts
Northern Idaho ( Office Location: Coeur d'Alene)
(Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, Shoshone)
Howard Lunderstadt, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 209-4367
John Lynn, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 209-4363
Christine Fisher, Area Director
Phone: (208) 209-4364
Western Idaho (Office Location: Caldwell)
(Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, Washington)
Noe Ramirez, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 779-3440
Tobin Dixon, Area Director
Phone: (208) 779-3441
Central Idaho (Office Location: Twin Falls)
(Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Twin Falls)
Tony Ballestero, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 944-3739
Eastern Idaho (Office Location: Preston Satellite Office - Blackfoot Area Office)
(Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Bonneville, Butte, Caribou, Clark, Custer, Franklin, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, Oneida, Power, Teton)
Lana Duke, Community Program Specialist (Preston)
Phone: (208) 244-3937
Stephen Woolf, Community Program Specialist (Blackfoot)
Phone: (208) 690-3545
Amy Christman, Community Program Technician (Blackfoot)
Phone: (208) 690-3540
Dale Lish, Area Director
Phone: (208) 690-3538
Idaho State Office (Office Location: Boise)
Noel LaRoque, Director, Community Programs
Phone: (208) 378-5619
Kent Erickson, Civil Engineer
Phone: (208) 327-6462
Kevin Ryan, Civil Engineer
Phone: (208) 378-5617
Alexandria Hanson, Community Programs Loan Assistant
Phone: (208) 378-5618