Water & Waste Disposal Technical Assistance & Training Grants in North Carolina
What does this program do?
This program helps qualified, private nonprofits provide technical assistance and training to identify and evaluate solutions to water and waste problems; helps applicants prepare applications for water and waste disposal loans/grants; and helps associations improve the operation and maintenance of water and waste facilities in eligible rural areas.
Who may apply?
- Nonprofits that have the proven ability, background, experience and capacity to provide technical assistance or training on a national, regional or state basis.
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less -- check eligible addresses
- Tribal lands in rural areas
How may the funds be used?
- To identify and evaluate solutions to water problems related to source, storage, treatment, distribution, collection, treatment and disposal.
- To provide technical assistance and training to improve management, operations and maintenance of water and waste disposal systems.
- To prepare water and waste disposal loan and grant applications.
Are there terms for grants?
- The project period for these grants is one year starting Oct. 1 and ending Sept. 30.
- Applicant contributions must be used before USDA grant funds.
- This is a reimbursement grant.
- Grants are subject to the availability of funds.
How do we get started?
- Download the FY 2020 Technical Assistance & Training Grant Application Guide
- Single-state applications are accepted annually through your local RD office from October 1 - December 31. Multi-state or national applications are accepted through the RD national office.
- Program resources are available online (forms, guidance, certifications, etc.).
Who currently participates in this program?
Who can answer questions?
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulations 7 CFR 1775
- Section 306(a)(14)(A) of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act 7 U.S.C. 1921 et seq.
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
This program helps small communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities for households and businesses. Good practices can save tax dollars, improve the natural environment and may be necessary for manufacturers and other types of businesses to locate or expand operations.
NOTE: Program details may change over time. Before you begin an application, please confirm you have the most current information by contacting a program specialist in your local RD office for assistance, or consult the Program Instructions listed in the section above titled "What Governs this Program?"
There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
ASHEVILLE AREA OFFICE
Pam Hysong, Area Director
160 Zillicoa Street, Suite #2
Asheville, NC 28801
Counties Served: Buncombe, Henderson, Transylvania
JEFFERSON SUB AREA OFFICE
134 Government Circle
Jefferson, NC 28640
Counties Served: Ashe, Watauga, Alleghany, Wilkes, Caldwell
FRANKLIN LOCAL OFFICE
195 Thomas Heights Rod
Franklin, NC 28734
Counties Served: Macon, Haywood, Jackson, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Swain
MURPHY LOCAL OFFICE
225 Valley River Avenue, Suite J
Murphy, NC 28906
SPRUCE PINE LOCAL OFFICE
11943 S. 226 Hwy Suite D
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Counties Served: Mitchell, Yancey, Madison, Avery
SHELBY AREA OFFICE
Warren C. Smith, Area Director
844 Wallace Grove Road
Shelby, NC 28150
Counties Served: Cleveland, Gaston, McDowell, Polk, Rutherford, Mecklenburg
LUMBERTON AREA OFFICE
Rossie Bullock, Area Director
PO Box 7426
440-C Caton Road
Lumberton, NC 28360
Counties Served: Robeson, Bladen, Cumberland, Scotland, Hoke, Columbus
ASHEBORO AREA OFFICE
847 Curry Drive, Suite 104
Asheboro, NC 27205
Counties Served: Guilford, Randolph, Davidson, Rowan, Stanly, Cabarrus, Rockingham, Caswell, Alamance
HENDERSON AREA OFFICE
853 S. Beckford Drive, Suite A
Henderson, NC 27536
Counties Served: Vance, Granville, Franklin, Warren, Orange, Durham, Person, Nash, Northampton
KINSTON AREA OFFICE
Aaron Gaskins, Area Director
2044-C Hwy 11/55 South
PO Box 6189
Kinston, NC 28501-0189
Counties Served: Lenoir, Jones, Craven, Pamlico, Onslow, Carteret, Wayne, Greene, Duplin