What does this program do?
This program provides funding to 1994 Land Grant Institutions (Tribal Colleges) to make capital improvements to their educational facilities and to purchase equipment.
Who may apply for this program?
Tribal Colleges as listed in Section 7402 of the Agricultural Act of 2014.
How may funds be used?
Funds can be used by Tribal Colleges for infrastructure improvements, to purchase equipment and to develop essential community facilities.
Eligible community facilities projects include:
- Education equipment
- Renovation and improvements
- Vehicles and major equipment
- Education and cultural projects
What kinds of funding are available?
- Grants up to $250,000 per land grant institution
- Funds can be used to pay up to 95% of the project cost
Are matching funds required?
- A 5% match is required
- Partnerships with other federal, state, local, private and non-profit entities are encouraged
How do we get started?
- Applications for this program are accepted through your local office year round
- Program resources are available online (includes forms, guidance and certifications)
Who can answer questions?
Contact your local office.
What govern this program?
- This program is authorized by 7 U.S.C. 1926
- Code of Federal Regulation, 7 CFR 3570 Subpart B
- RD Instruction 3570-B
NOTE: Because citations and other information may be subject to change please always consult the program Instructions listed in the section above titled "What Law Governs this Program?" You may also contact your local office for assistance.
NOTE: If state specific forms are not shown above, please ensure that your state is selected in the dropdown menu above to find the State Office contact information and speak to a Community Programs Specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you valuable time in your application.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
state tab for program contacts
There are currently no events scheduled.