What does this program do?
USDA Rural Development awards grants to nonprofit organizations to provide technical assistance to applicants for Farm Labor Housing (FLH) loans and grants. These loans and grants are used to increase the availability of affordable, decent housing for farm laborers.
Program Features Funding
Announced through a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) placed in the Federal Register.
Grant funds are limited, and are awarded through a competitive process.
- Public and private nonprofit organizations
Use of Funds
- Eligible: technical assistance provided during the application, underwriting, and closing processes
- Eligible: assistance with transaction costs associated with the application process, and for other agency approved consultation, advisory and non-construction services
- Not Eligible: construction costs in any form
- Not Eligible: Transaction costs the FLH loan or grant will fund.
- Not Eligible: Transaction costs in which an identity of interest – such as between buyer and seller, or owner and lender – exists between grantees and applicants.
What governs this program?
• Off-Farm: 7 CFR 3560 Subpart L
• Title V of the Housing Act of 1949
For More Information
General questions about this consolidated notice may be directed to Stephanie Vergin, Policy Advisor, Production and Preservation Division, Multi-Family Housing, United States Department of Agriculture; Phone: 651–602–7820; or email at NPTA.RFP@usda.gov or RD.FLHTA@usda.gov
Counties with Agency-financed off-farm labor housing properties currently operating under diminished need occupancy waivers (7 CFR 3560.576 (e).
|HAWAII||Hawaii County, E. (Hilo)|
Awardees: Off-FLH Technical Assistance NOFA Selections
Organizations interested in receiving Off-Farm Labor Housing properties should contact the awardee regarding the availability of services.
|Technical Assistance Provider||Service Delivery/Coverage Areas||Contact Information|
|Community Resources and Housing Development Corporation||Certain counties in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin||Kate McElhaney
Phone Number: 303-428-1448
Rural Housing Service hosted a Listening Session for the FY 2023 MFH Consolidated Technical Assistance (TA) Grant Programs on May 22, 2023. A copy of the presentation can be downloaded.
FY 2023 MFH Consolidated Technical Assistance Grant Programs Information Session -May 22, 2023 - PDF
Rural Housing Service hosted a Listening Session for the MFH Technical Assistance (TA) Grant Programs on February 9, 2023. A copy of the presentation can be downloaded.
MFH Technical Assistance Grant Programs Information Session -February 9, 2023 - PDF