What does this program do?
USDA Rural Development awards grants to nonprofit organizations to provide technical assistance to applicants for Farm Labor Housing (FLH) loans and grants. These loans and grants are used to increase the availability of affordable, decent housing for farm laborers.
Program Features Funding
Announced through a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) placed in the Federal Register.
Grant funds are limited, and are awarded through a competitive process.
- Public and private nonprofit organizations
Use of Funds
- Eligible: technical assistance provided during the application, underwriting, and closing processes
- Eligible: assistance with transaction costs associated with the application process, and for other agency approved consultation, advisory and non-construction services
- Not Eligible: construction costs in any form
- Not Eligible: Transaction costs the FLH loan or grant will fund.
- Not Eligible: Transaction costs in which an identity of interest – such as between buyer and seller, or owner and lender – exists between grantees and applicants.
For More Information
Please contact Multifamily Housing at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counties with Agency-financed off-farm labor housing properties currently operating under diminished need occupancy waivers (7 CFR 3560.576 (e).
|HAWAII||Hawaii County, E. (Hilo)|
Rural Housing Service hosted a Off-Farm Labor Housing Technical Assistance Information Session on February 17, 2022 to provide an overview of the Off-Farm Labor Housing Technical Assistance Grant Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA). The following is a downloadable copy of the presentation.