Rural Economic Development Loan & Grant Program in Florida
- A former Rural Utilities Service borrower who borrowed, repaid or pre-paid an insured, direct or guaranteed loan.
- Nonprofit utilities that are eligible to receive assistance from the Rural Development Electric or Telecommunication Programs.
- Current Rural Development Electric or Telecommunication Programs borrowers.
- Up to $300,000 in grants may be requested to establish the Revolving Loan Funds.
- Up to 10 percent of grant funds may be applied toward operating expenses over the life of the Revolving Loan Fund.
- Up to $1 million in loans may be requested.
- 10 years at 0 percent interest.
- Grants require a 20 percent match from the local utility.
- Grants must be repaid to USDA upon termination of the Revolving Loan Fund.
- Business incubators.
- Community development assistance to nonprofits and public bodies (particularly for job creation or enhancement).
- Facilities and equipment to educate and train rural residents to facilitate economic development.
- Facilities and equipment for medical care for rural residents.
- Start-up venture costs, including, but not limited to, financing fixed assets such as real estate, buildings, equipment or working capital.
- Business expansion.
- Technical assistance.
- The interest rate is 0 percent.
- Up to 80 percent of project costs; 20 percent must be provided by the ultimate recipient or the local utility.
- The local utility may incorporate interest rates or administrative loan fees after the funds have been loaned out and revolved once. First-time loans are at 0 percent interest.
- Repayment may be deferred up to two years for projects including a start-up venture or Community Facilities project.
- Basic Program – Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR, Part 4280.
- Loan/Grant Servicing – Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR, Part 4280 and 2 CFR Part 200.
- This program is authorized by the Rural Electrification Act of 1936.
NOTE: If state specific forms are not shown above, please ensure that your state is selected in the dropdown menu above to find the State Office contact information and speak to a Business Programs Specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you valuable time in your application.
You may also access the Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR, Part 4280.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
Most loans and grants are originated and/or serviced in the Area Office. Please contact the Area Office that services your County or Town. See our: Florida County Map.
Please contact the USVI St. Croix Office for all of the USVI.
CRESTVIEW AREA OFFICE
3070 Adora Teal Way, Suite C
Crestview, Florida 32539
Telephone: (850) 682-2416
Fax: (855) 473-8755
Counties Served: Escambia, Holmes, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton
MARIANNA AREA OFFICE
2741 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 5
Marianna, Florida 32448
Telephone: (850) 526-2610
Fax: (855) 474-6969
Counties Served: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Wakulla, and Washington
LAKE CITY AREA OFFICE
971 W Duval St, Suite 190
Lake City, Florida 32055-3736
Phone: (386) 719-5590
Fax: (855) 474-6983
Counties Served: Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Duval, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Nassau, Suwannee, St. Johns, Taylor, and Union.
OCALA AREA OFFICE
2441 NE 3rd Street, Suite 204-1
Ocala, Florida 34470
Telephone: (352) 732-7534
Fax: (855) 474-6990
Counties Served: Alachua, Citrus, Dixie, Flagler, Gilchrist, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia
CHAMPIONS GATE AREA OFFICE
8390 Champions Gate Blvd
Champions Gate, FL 33896
Counties Served: Brevard, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, and Polk
ROYAL PALM BEACH AREA OFFICE **(see Sub Office information)
420 South State Road 7, Suite 166
Royal Palm Beach, Florida 33414-4306
Phone: (561) 792-2727
Fax: (855) 475-4827
**N. Ft. Myers (Sub Office of Royal Palm Beach)
3434 Hancock Bridge Pkwy., Suite 209-A
N. Ft. Myers, Florida 33903-7005
Telephone: (239) 997-7331
FAX: (855) 475-8043
Counties Served from Royal Palm Beach and North Fort Myers: Broward, Dade, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Lee, Manatee, and Sarasota.
ST. CROIX US Virgin Islands AREA OFFICE
4401 Sion Farm, Ste. #2
Christiansted, St. Croix, Virgin Islands 00820
Phone: (340) 773-9146
FAX: (855) 475-6940
Locations Served: St. Croix, St. John & St. Thomas, VI