SEARCH - Special Evaluation Assistance for Rural Communities and Households in Idaho
What does this program do?
This program helps very small, financially distressed rural communities with predevelopment feasibility studies, design and technical assistance on proposed water and waste disposal projects.
Who may apply?
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Federally recognized tribes
What is an eligible area?
Areas to be served must be rural and financially distressed:
- Rural areas with a population of 2,500 or less
- Have a median household income below the poverty line or less than 80 percent of the statewide non-metropolitan median household income based on latest Census data
How may the funds be used?
To pay predevelopment planning costs, including:
- Feasibility studies to support applications for funding water or waste disposal projects
- Preliminary design and engineering analysis
- Technical assistance for the development of an application for financial assistance
Are there additional requirements?
The predevelopment planning costs must be related to a proposed project that meets the following requirements:
- Construct, enlarge, extend or improve rural water, sanitary sewage, solid waste disposal and storm wastewater disposal facilities
- Construct or relocate public buildings, roads, bridges, fences or utilities, and to make other public improvements necessary for the successful operation or protection of facilities
- Relocate private buildings, roads, bridges, fences, or utilities, and other private improvements necessary for the successful operation or protection of facilities
How do we get started?
- Applications for this program are accepted year round through your local RD office.
- Program resources are available online (i.e., forms, guidance, certifications, etc.).
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 7, Part 1774 - 7 CFR 1774
- Section 306 of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
To help very small, financially distressed rural communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities that serve local households and businesses.
NOTE: Please select your state in the dropdown menu above to find the state office contact information and speak to a program specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you time in completing your application.
There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
IDAHO - Community Program Contacts
Northern Idaho ( Office Location: Coeur d'Alene)
(Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, Shoshone)
Howard Lunderstadt, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 209-4367
John Lynn, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 209-4363
Christine Fisher, Area Director
Phone: (208) 209-4364
Western Idaho (Office Location: Caldwell)
(Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, Washington)
Noe Ramirez, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 779-3440
Tobin Dixon, Area Director
Phone: (208) 779-3441
Central Idaho (Office Location: Twin Falls)
(Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Twin Falls)
Tony Ballestero, Community Program Specialist
Phone: (208) 944-3739
Eastern Idaho (Office Location: Preston Satellite Office - Blackfoot Area Office)
(Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Bonneville, Butte, Caribou, Clark, Custer, Franklin, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, Oneida, Power, Teton)
Lana Duke, Community Program Specialist (Preston)
Phone: (208) 244-3937
Stephen Woolf, Community Program Specialist (Blackfoot)
Phone: (208) 690-3545
Amy Christman, Community Programs Technician (Blackfoot)
Phone: (208) 690-3540
Dale Lish, Area Director
Phone: (208) 690-3538
Idaho State Office (Office Location: Boise)
Noel LaRoque, Director, Community Programs
Phone: (208) 378-5619
Kent Erickson, Civil Engineer
Phone: (208) 327-6462
Kevin Ryan, Civil Engineer
Phone: (208) 378-5617
Alexandria Hanson, Community Programs Loan Assistant
Phone: (208) 378-5618