U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Calendar Year 2022 Disaster Water Grants Program In Oklahoma

Until funds are exhausted/ Hasta que se agoten los fondos

Correction Notice

Please review the correction notice for Calendar Year 2022 Disaster Water Grants Program.

What does this program do?

Calendar Year 2022 Disaster Water Grants help eligible communities pay expenses related to damages to rural water systems as a result of events (Presidentially Declared Disasters) that occurred between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022.  For the purposes of this program, the term “water” refers to all water resource infrastructure, including drinking water, wastewater, stormwater drainage, and solid waste facilities.

Who can apply?

To be eligible for USDA funding under this program, a system must have been damaged by a Presidentially Declared Disaster that occurred in Calendar Year 2022 (January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2022).  For a current list of Presidentially Declared Disasters, visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and type “2022” into the Declaration Date search box.

An applicant must have legal authority to own and operate the water system and meet certain other criteria as spelled out in the Federal Register notice (link above).  The following types of organizations may apply:

  • Municipalities, counties, districts, authorities, or other political subdivisions of a state, commonwealth, or territory
  • Nonprofit organizations
  • Federally recognized Tribes
  • Community-based prefabricated home organizations

What is an eligible area?

Rural areas and towns with populations of not more than 35,000

  • Federally recognized Tribal lands with populations of not more than 35,000
  • Colonias with populations of not more than 35,000

How can funds be used?

Funds can be used to develop water infrastructure system capacity and resiliency to reduce or eliminate long term risks from hazards resulting from(Presidentially declared) disasters during calendar year 2022.

How do we get started?

Applications are also accepted through your local USDA Rural Development office

Who can answer questions?

The USDA Rural Development Water and Environmental Program specialists who serve your area can help. A list of state-based offices is available at https://www.rd.usda.gov/about-rd/state-offices.

What law governs this program? 

The 2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act (Public Law 117-328, Division N)

NOTE: Because information changes, always consult official program instruction or contact your local Rural Development office for help. 




Oklahoma Rural Development State Office
100 USDA Suite 108
Stillwater, OK  74074
Phone: (800) 522-3819 Fax: (855) 423-4043