Mutual Self-Help Housing Technical Assistance Grants in Kansas
What does this program do?
Provides grants to qualified organizations to help them carry out local self-help housing construction projects. Grant recipients supervise groups of very-low- and low-income individuals and families as they construct their own homes in rural areas. The group members provide most of the construction labor on each other’s homes, with technical assistance from the organization overseeing the project.
Who may apply for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
- Government non-profit organizations
- Federally-recognized Tribes
- Private non-profit organizations
What is an eligible area?
Applicants can check eligible areas at eligible addresses.
How may funds be used?
- Give technical and supervisory assistance to participating families
- Help other organizations provide self-help technical and supervisory assistance
- Recruit families, help them complete loan applications and carry out other related activities that enable them to participate
Funds MAY NOT be used to:
- Hire people to perform construction work for participants
- Buy real estate, building materials or other property
- Pay debts, expenses or costs for the participants
- Pay for employee training
- Pay other indirect costs.
How do we get started?
Applications for this program are accepted through our local offices year round.
Who can answer questions?
Contact your local office.
What governs this program?
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
By working in partnership with trusted local organizations, this program helps very-low- and low-income families get affordable, clean and safe homes of their own in rural areas. Very-low-income families living in substandard housing are given first priority for loan assistance.
NOTE: Because citations and other information may be subject to change please always consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled "What Law Governs this Program?" You may also contact your local office for assistance.
NOTE: If state specific forms are not shown above, please ensure that your state is selected in the dropdown menu above to find the State Office contact information and speak to a Housing Programs Specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you valuable time in your application.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.