Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Program in Florida
What does this program do?
- To help microenterprises startup and growth through a Rural Microloan Revolving Fund.
- Provide training and technical assistance to microloan borrowers and micro entrepreneurs.
- Federally-recognized tribes.
- Institutions of higher education.
- Businesses located in an eligible area with 10 or fewer full-time employees.
- Rural areas outside a city or town with a population of fewer than 50,000 residents. Urbanized areas near a city of 50,000 or more may not be eligible.
- The borrower’s headquarters may be based within a larger city so long as the project service area is located in an eligible rural area.
- The lender may be located anywhere.
- Certify that it or its employees have received education and training from a qualified microenterprise development training entity so that the applicant has the capacity to manage such a revolving loan fund.
- Demonstrate that it is actively and successfully participating as an intermediary lender in good standing under the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Microloan Program or other similar loan programs as determined by the Administrator.
- Grants are available to provide technical assistance to rural micro-entrepreneurs or microenterprises, up to $205,000 annually. Funding at the requested level is not guaranteed, and at least 15 percent matching funds are required.
- Loans of $50,000 to $500,000 may be used for establishing a Rural Microloan Revolving Fund managed by the Microenterprise Development Organization. Total aggregate debt is capped at $2.5 million.
- Maximum term is 20 years.
- Two-year payment deferral.
- Must establish a loan loss reserve fund.
- Up to $50,000.
- Fixed interest rate.
- Limited to 75 percent of project cost.
- Working capital.
- Debt refinancing.
- Purchasing equipment and supplies.
- Improving real estate.
- Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR 4280, subpart D.
- This program is authorized by Section 379E of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act (7 USC 2008s).
NOTE: If state-specific forms are not shown above, please ensure that your state is selected in the dropdown menu above to find the State Office contact information and speak to a Business Programs Specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you valuable time in your application.
You may also access the Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR 4280, subpart D.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
Most loans and grants are originated and/or serviced in the Area Office. Please contact the Area Office that services your County or Town. See our: Florida County Map.
Please contact the USVI St. Croix Office for all of the USVI.
CRESTVIEW AREA OFFICE
3070 Adora Teal Way, Suite C
Crestview, Florida 32539
Telephone: (850) 682-2416
Fax: (855) 473-8755
Counties Served: Escambia, Holmes, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton
MARIANNA AREA OFFICE
2741 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 5
Marianna, Florida 32448
Telephone: (850) 526-2610
Fax: (855) 474-6969
Counties Served: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Wakulla, and Washington
LAKE CITY AREA OFFICE
971 W Duval St, Suite 190
Lake City, Florida 32055-3736
Phone: (386) 719-5590
Fax: (855) 474-6983
Counties Served: Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Duval, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Nassau, Suwannee, St. Johns, Taylor, and Union.
OCALA AREA OFFICE
2441 NE 3rd Street, Suite 204-1
Ocala, Florida 34470
Telephone: (352) 732-7534
Fax: (855) 474-6990
Counties Served: Alachua, Citrus, Dixie, Flagler, Gilchrist, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia
CHAMPIONS GATE AREA OFFICE
8390 Champions Gate Blvd
Champions Gate, FL 33896
Counties Served: Brevard, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, and Polk
ROYAL PALM BEACH AREA OFFICE **(see Sub Office information)
420 South State Road 7, Suite 166
Royal Palm Beach, Florida 33414-4306
Phone: (561) 792-2727
Fax: (855) 475-4827
**N. Ft. Myers (Sub Office of Royal Palm Beach)
3434 Hancock Bridge Pkwy., Suite 209-A
N. Ft. Myers, Florida 33903-7005
Telephone: (239) 997-7331
FAX: (855) 475-8043
Counties Served from Royal Palm Beach and North Fort Myers: Broward, Dade, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Lee, Manatee, and Sarasota.
ST. CROIX US Virgin Islands AREA OFFICE
4401 Sion Farm, Ste. #2
Christiansted, St. Croix, Virgin Islands 00820
Phone: (340) 773-9146
FAX: (855) 475-6940
Locations Served: St. Croix, St. John & St. Thomas, VI