SEARCH - Special Evaluation Assistance for Rural Communities and Households in Florida
What does this program do?
This program helps very small, financially distressed rural communities with predevelopment feasibility studies, design and technical assistance on proposed water and waste disposal projects.
Who may apply?
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Federally recognized tribes
What is an eligible area?
Areas to be served must be rural and financially distressed:
- Rural areas with a population of 2,500 or less
- Have a median household income below the poverty line or less than 80 percent of the statewide non-metropolitan median household income based on latest Census data
How may the funds be used?
To pay predevelopment planning costs, including:
- Feasibility studies to support applications for funding water or waste disposal projects
- Preliminary design and engineering analysis
- Technical assistance for the development of an application for financial assistance
Are there additional requirements?
The predevelopment planning costs must be related to a proposed project that meets the following requirements:
- Construct, enlarge, extend or improve rural water, sanitary sewage, solid waste disposal and storm wastewater disposal facilities
- Construct or relocate public buildings, roads, bridges, fences or utilities, and to make other public improvements necessary for the successful operation or protection of facilities
- Relocate private buildings, roads, bridges, fences, or utilities, and other private improvements necessary for the successful operation or protection of facilities
How do we get started?
- Applications for this program are accepted year round through your local RD office.
- Program resources are available online (i.e., forms, guidance, certifications, etc.).
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 7, Part 1774 - 7 CFR 1774
- Section 306 of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
To help very small, financially distressed rural communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities that serve local households and businesses.
NOTE: Please select your state in the dropdown menu above to find the state office contact information and speak to a program specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you time in completing your application.
There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
Most loans and grants are originated and/or serviced in the Area Office. Please contact the Area Office that services your County or Town. See our: Florida County Map.
Please contact the USVI St. Croix Office for all of the USVI.
CRESTVIEW AREA OFFICE
3070 Adora Teal Way, Suite C
Crestview, Florida 32539
Telephone: (850) 682-2416
Fax: (855) 473-8755
Counties Served: Escambia, Holmes, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton
MARIANNA AREA OFFICE
2741 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 5
Marianna, Florida 32448
Telephone: (850) 526-2610
Fax: (855) 474-6969
Counties Served: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Wakulla, and Washington
LAKE CITY AREA OFFICE
971 W Duval St, Suite 190
Lake City, Florida 32055-3736
Phone: (386) 719-5590
Fax: (855) 474-6983
Counties Served: Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Duval, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Nassau, Suwannee, St. Johns, Taylor, and Union.
OCALA AREA OFFICE
2441 NE 3rd Street, Suite 204-1
Ocala, Florida 34470
Telephone: (352) 732-7534
Fax: (855) 474-6990
Counties Served: Alachua, Citrus, Dixie, Flagler, Gilchrist, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia
CHAMPIONS GATE AREA OFFICE
8390 Champions Gate Blvd
Champions Gate, FL 33896
Counties Served: Brevard, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, and Polk
ROYAL PALM BEACH AREA OFFICE **(see Sub Office information)
420 South State Road 7, Suite 166
Royal Palm Beach, Florida 33414-4306
Phone: (561) 792-2727
Fax: (855) 475-4827
**N. Ft. Myers (Sub Office of Royal Palm Beach)
3434 Hancock Bridge Pkwy., Suite 209-A
N. Ft. Myers, Florida 33903-7005
Telephone: (239) 997-7331
FAX: (855) 475-8043
Counties Served from Royal Palm Beach and North Fort Myers: Broward, Dade, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Lee, Manatee, and Sarasota.
ST. CROIX US Virgin Islands AREA OFFICE
4401 Sion Farm, Ste. #2
Christiansted, St. Croix, Virgin Islands 00820
Phone: (340) 773-9146
FAX: (855) 475-6940
Locations Served: St. Croix, St. John & St. Thomas, VI