Water & Waste Disposal Predevelopment Planning Grants in Florida
What does this program do?
This program assists low-income communities with initial planning and development of applications for USDA Rural Development Water and Waste Disposal direct loan/grant and loan guarantee programs.
Who may apply?
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Nonprofit organizations
- Federally recognized tribes
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less. Check eligible addresses
- Federally recognized tribal lands
NOTE: The area must also have a median household income below the poverty line or less than 80 percent of the statewide non-metropolitan median household income
How may the funds be used?
- Grants may be used to pay part of the costs of developing a complete application for USDA Rural Development Water & Waste Disposal direct loan/grant and loan guarantee programs.
What are the terms for grants?
- Grants may not be used to pay for work already completed.
- For projects eligible under several programs, the amount of the pre-development or SEARCH grant will be subtracted from the total grant eligibility as determined in underwriting for the water or waste disposal project.
- These grants do not have to be paid back if the application for the USDA direct loan or loan/grant combination is not successful.
- Grants are based on demonstrated need and subject to the availability of funds.
- Partnerships with other federal, state and local entities are encouraged, and grants are awarded only when the applicant cannot afford to borrow the needed funds.
Is there a maximum grant amount?
Maximum of $30,000 or 75 percent of the predevelopment planning costs.
Are matching funds required?
Yes, at least 25 percent of the project cost must come from the applicant or third-party sources. In-kind contributions do not count toward this minimum.
How do we get started?
- Applications for this program are accepted year round through your local RD office.
- Program resources are available online (includes forms needed, guidance, certifications, etc.).
Who can answer questions?
- Help is always available through your local RD office.
- Participating non-profit associations also offer assistance and training.
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR 1780
- Agricultural Act of 2014
NOTE: Please select your state in the dropdown menu above to find the state office contact information and speak to a program specialist before attempting to fill out any forms or applications. This will save you valuable time in your application.
There are no other architect, engineering or environmental requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
There are currently no events scheduled.
Area Offices in Florida & US Virgin Islands:
Most loans and grants are originated and/or serviced in the Area Office. Please contact the Area Office that services your County or Town. See our: Florida County Map.
Please contact the USVI St. Croix Office for all of the USVI.
CRESTVIEW AREA OFFICE
3070 Adora Teal Way, Suite C
Crestview, Florida 32539
Telephone: (850) 682-2416
Fax: (855) 473-8755
Counties Served: Escambia, Holmes, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Walton
MARIANNA AREA OFFICE
2741 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 5
Marianna, Florida 32448
Telephone: (850) 526-2610
Fax: (855) 474-6969
Counties Served: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Wakulla, and Washington
LAKE CITY AREA OFFICE
971 W Duval St, Suite 190
Lake City, Florida 32055-3736
Phone: (386) 719-5590
Fax: (855) 474-6983
Counties Served: Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Duval, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Nassau, Suwannee, St. Johns, Taylor, and Union.
OCALA AREA OFFICE
2441 NE 3rd Street, Suite 204-1
Ocala, Florida 34470
Telephone: (352) 732-7534
Fax: (855) 474-6990
Counties Served: Alachua, Citrus, Dixie, Flagler, Gilchrist, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia
CHAMPIONS GATE AREA OFFICE
8390 Champions Gate Blvd, Suite 210
Champions Gate, FL 33896
Telephone: (863) 420-4833
Fax number: (855) 474-8230
Counties Served: Brevard, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, and Polk
ROYAL PALM BEACH AREA OFFICE **(see Sub Office information)
420 South State Road 7, Suite 166
Royal Palm Beach, Florida 33414-4306
Phone: (561) 792-2727
Fax: (855) 475-4827
**N. Ft. Myers (Sub Office of Royal Palm Beach)
3434 Hancock Bridge Pkwy., Suite 209-A
N. Ft. Myers, Florida 33903-7005
Telephone: (239) 997-7331
FAX: (855) 475-8043
Counties Served from Royal Palm Beach and North Fort Myers: Broward, Dade, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Lee, Manatee, and Sarasota.
ST. CROIX US Virgin Islands AREA OFFICE
4401 Sion Farm, Ste. #2
Christiansted, St. Croix, Virgin Islands 00820
Phone: (340) 773-9146
FAX: (855) 475-6940
Locations Served: St. Croix, St. John & St. Thomas, VI