What does this program do?
This grant program supports improved sustainability of water and waste services related to manufactured homes. The TAT Program is designed to help qualified, private nonprofit organizations provide technical assistance and training to identify and evaluate solutions to water and waste problems, help communities prepare applications for water and waste disposal loans and grants, assist with improving the management, operation, maintenance and sustainability of water and waste facilities in eligible rural areas, address contamination of drinking and surface water supplies by emerging contaminants, and pay certain expenses associated with the provision of such services.
Who may apply?
- Nonprofits that have the proven ability, background, experience and capacity to provide technical assistance or training on a national, regional or state basis.
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less -- check eligible addresses
- Tribal lands in rural areas
How may the funds be used?
As related to water and wastewater service to manufactured homes:
- To identify and evaluate solutions to water problems related to source, storage, treatment, distribution, collection, treatment and disposal.
- To provide technical assistance and training to improve management, operations and maintenance of water and waste disposal systems.
- To prepare water and waste disposal loan and grant applications.
Are there terms for grants?
- The project period for these grants is one year, starting Oct. 1 and ending Sept. 30.
- Applicant contributions must be used before USDA grant funds.
- This is a reimbursement grant.
- Grants are subject to the availability of funds.
How do we get started?
- Download the FY 2023 Technical Assistance & Training Grant - Manufactured Homes Application Guide
- Program resources are available online (forms, guidance, certifications, etc.).
Who can answer questions?
- Single-state projects: Contact your local RD office.
- Multi-state or national projects, contact:
What governs this program?
- Code of Federal Regulations 7 CFR 1775
- Section 306(a)(14)(A) of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act 7 U.S.C. 1921 et seq.
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
This program helps small communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities for households and businesses, specifically relating to manufactured homes. Good practices can save tax dollars, improve the natural environment and may be necessary for manufacturers and other types of businesses to locate or expand operations.
NOTE: Program details may change over time. Before you begin an application, please confirm you have the most current information by contacting a program specialist in your local RD office for assistance, or consult the Program Instructions listed in the section above titled "What Governs this Program?"
Indiana State Office
5975 Lakeside Boulevard, Indianapolis, Indiana 46278-1996
Call us at 317-290-3100 TDD#317-295-5799
Community Programs Director
Community Program Specialist
Columbia City Area Office
788 W. Connexion Way, Suite E, Columbia City, IN 46725-1047
Call us at 260-244-6266 EXT #4
Laura Hamann (Northern Director)
260-244-6266 Ext: 122
Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Elkhart, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Miami, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties.
North Vernon Area Office
2600 Highway 7 North, North Vernon, IN 47265
Call us at 812-346-3411 EXT #4
Bartholomew, Clark, Dearborn, Decatur, Floyd, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Johnson, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Shelby, Switzerland, and Washington counties.
Bloomfield Area Office
104 County Road 70 East, Suite C Bloomfield, IN 47424
Call us at 812-384-4634 EXT #4
Brown, Clay, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Owen, Sullivan, and Vigo counties.
Muncie Area Office
3641 N Briarwood Lane, Muncie, IN 47304
Call us at 765-747-5531 EXT #4
E. Ric Frataccia
Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Grant, Hamilton, Hancock, Henry, Howard, Jay, Madison, Marion, Randolph, Rush, Tipton, Union, and Wayne counties.
Crawfordsville Area Office
2032 Lebanon Road, Crawfordsville, IN 47933-2143
Call us at 765-362-0405 EXT #4
Benton, Boone, Clinton, Fountain, Hendricks, Montgomery, Parke, Putnam, Tippecanoe, Vermillion, and Warren counties.
Jasper Area Office
1484 Executive Blvd, Jasper, IN 47546-9300
Call us at 812-482-1171 EXT #4
Craig McGowan (Southern Director)
Crawford, Dubois, Gibson, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick counties.
Knox Area Office
1410 South Heaton St. Knox, IN 46534-2314
Call us at 574-772-3066 EXT #4
(574) 772-3066, Ext. 127
Carroll, Cass, Fulton, Jasper, Lake, LaPorte, Marshall, Newton, Porter, Pulaski, St. Joseph, Starke, and White counties.