USDA Rural Development’s Guaranteed Loan Program assists approved lenders in providing up to 100% financing for eligible borrowers (households that do not exceed 115% of the Median Household Income ) purchasing homes in eligible rural areas. Automated underwriting assistance through GUS (Guaranteed Underwriting System) allows for expanded ratios and flexible credit.
We now have Single Close Construction-to-Permanent Financing! A single-close loan combines the features of a construction loan and a long-term permanent mortgage. Since there is only one closing, which can save considerable closing costs, the loan is considered a purchase transaction by the agency. The loan note guarantee may be issued once the interim construction loan is closed without waiting for the completion of the property.
SFHGLP Integrated Unit – How to Contact Us:
**Very Important ** Effective February 16th, 2020, all states were aligned to one of four production teams. Each production team has their own email inbox as shown below.
|Production Team One SFHGLPONE@usda.gov||AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, GU, HI, IA, ID, KS, MT, NM, NV, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WP, WV, WY|
|Production Team Two SFHGLPTWO@usda.gov||AR, KY, LA, MN, MO, MS, ND, NE, NJ, NY, OK|
|Production Team Three SFHGLPTHREE@usda.gov||CT, DE, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NH, RI, SC, VT, WV|
|Production Team Four SFHGLPFOUR@usda.gov||FL, IN, OH, PA, PR, TN, VA, VI|
File-specific questions should be emailed to the production team responsible for the state. For example, if you had a question regarding a guaranteed loan application in Nebraska, you would email SFHGLPTWO@usda.gov to contact Team Two.
In most cases, our staff can provide a response within 24 hours during normal business days. We can answer faster if you:
- Identify the state the application is located; if applicable;
- Provide applicant’s name, if applicable;
- Include contact information; and
- Indicate if you would like a call back (otherwise you will receive an email reply)
For general inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes questions on policy interpretation, lender training, marketing and outreach and servicing support.
Want to become a new program lender?
To get started, we recommend you:
- Watch our Webcast: Become an Approved Lender (16 minutes)
- Review Chapter 3 of our 3555 Guaranteed Loan Program Technical Handbook
Questions on lender approval or recertification?
Please direct any questions to our Quality Assurance and Lender Oversight team at: email@example.com
- Link to “Procedure Notice” describing recent Handbook changes.
- USDA RD Forms: USDA Service Center Agencies e-forms site.
- Lender Training and System Guides: Training and Resource Library (LINC)
- 3555 Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Handbook
- Income and Documentation Matrix Attachment 9A
- Sign up to GovDelivery using this link.
USDA ITS Service Desk Support Center
For e-Authentication assistance
Phone: 800-457-3642, option 1 (USDA e-Authentication Issues)
Rural Development Help Desk
For GUS system, outage or functionality assistance
Phone: 800-457-3642, option 2 (USDA Applications); then option 2 (Rural Development)