Electronic submissions: Electronic applications will be accepted via Grants.gov by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 24, 2023.
What does this program do?
The Agency will make grants to public bodies and private nonprofit corporations, (such as States, counties, cities, townships, and incorporated towns and villages, boroughs, authorities, districts, and Indian tribes on Federal and State reservations) to provide associations Technical Assistance and/or training with respect to essential community facilities programs. The Technical Assistance and/or training will assist communities, Indian Tribes, and Nonprofit Corporations to identify and plan for community facility repairs as a result of damages resulting from Presidentially declared disasters in calendar year 2022 that exist in their area. Once those needs have been identified, the Grantee can assist in identifying public and private resources to finance those identified community facility needs.
Who may apply for this program?
- Public bodies
- Non-profit organizations
- Federally Recognized Tribes
What is an eligible area?
Rural areas including cities, villages, townships, towns and Federally Recognized Tribal Lands outside the boundaries of a city of 20,000 or more.
How may funds be used?
- Assist communities in identifying and planning for community facility needs;
- Identify resources to finance community facility needs from public and private sources;
- Prepare reports and surveys necessary to request financial assistance to develop community facilities;
- Prepare applications for Agency financial assistance;
- Improve the management, including financial management, related to the operation of community facilities; or
- Assist with other areas of need identified by the Secretary.
What kind of funding is available?
- Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant | Rural Development
- Maximum grant award for Technical Assistance Providers is $250,000
- Maximum grant award for Ultimate Recipients is $50,000
- Grant funds are limited and are awarded through a competitive process
Are matching funds required?
- Matching funds are not required but preference is giving to applications with cash matching funds.
- In-kind contributions cannot be used as matching funds
- Partnerships with other federal, state, local, private and nonprofit entities are encouraged
How do we get started?
Applications are accepted on an annual basis through a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) in the Federal Register Program Resources are available online (includes forms needed, guidance, certifications etc.)
Who can answer questions?
Contact your local RD office
What governs this program?
7 CFR 3570 Subpart F; Code of Federal Regulation; 2 CFR 200 and Guidelines announced in NOFA, published in the Federal Register.
NOTE: Because citations and other information may be subject to change please always consult the program Instructions listed in the section above titled "What Law Governs this Program?" You may also contact your State Office CF TAT Contact for assistance.
The Application Guide will provide information to assist you in assessing your eligibility for grant assistance, understand how and when to apply, and create a competitive application. The Application Guide supplemented RD Instruction 3570-F, which supersedes any information in the application guide. Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant | Rural Development
For more information about this program, or to apply, use our State Office RCDI Contact list to find a local contact.
There are no other additional requirements at the national level. If there are additional state-specific requirements they will be listed above.
For further information contact: Nathan Chitwood, Special Projects Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development,
Business Loop 70 West, Suite 235,
Columbia, MO 65203;
or call; Telephone: 573–876–0965.
For further information on submitting program applications under this notice, please contact the USDA RDSO in the state where the applicant’s headquarters is located.