U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Financing Resources for Cooperative Development

Financing resources for cooperative businesses include grants, loans, guaranteed loans, revolving loan funds, equity capital, and crowd sourcing. Funding can come from Federal agencies, private-public partnerships, lending institutions, Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), foundations, and other organizations. If your funding opportunity is not represented here, please contact us at CoopInfo@usda.gov.

USDA Farm Service Agency - Biomass Crop Assistance Program

The Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) provides financial assistance to owners and operators of agricultural and non-industrial private forest land who wish to establish, produce, and deliver biomass feedstocks. BCAP provides two categories of assistance: Matching payments and Establishment and annual payments.

USDA Farm Service Agency - Commodity Credit Corporation Marketing Assistance Loans

USDA's Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) marketing assistance loans (MAL) are a marketing tool producers can use to store their production after harvest, which increases their marketing opportunities. In place of using MALs, producers may elect to take a loan deficiency payment (LDP) that provides a payment equal to any net gain from a MAL.

USDA Farm Service Agency - Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program

The Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) is a part of the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), the country's largest private-land conservation program. Administered by the Farm Service Agency (FSA), CREP leverages federal and non-federal funds to target specific State, regional, or nationally significant conservation concerns. In exchange for removing environmentally sensitive land from production and establishing permanent resource conserving plant species, farmers and ranchers are paid an annual rental rate along with other federal and non-federal incentives as specified in each CREP agreement. Participation is voluntary, and the contract period is typically 10-15 years. Enrollment for producers is available year-round as signups are ongoing. Interested producers should contact their local USDA Service Center to learn more or visit the CREP for Producers webpage.

USDA Farm Service Agency - Dairy Margin Coverage Program

The Dairy Margin Coverage (DMC) program enables producers to get coverage through this safety-net program for another year as well as get additional assistance through the Supplemental DMC. DMC continues to offer protection to dairy producers when the difference between the all-milk price and the average feed price (the margin) falls below a certain dollar amount selected by the producer.

USDA Farm Service Agency - Disaster Assistance Programs

Farm Service Agency offers a variety of Disaster Assistance Programs to help farmers, ranchers, and others that have been hard hit by natural disaster events. Visit farmers.gov for additional USDA programs that can help agricultural producers recover. Sign up to receive Disaster Assistance Program email updates.

USDA Farm Service Agency - Microloans

The USDA Farm Service Agency offers direct microloans to address the unique financial operating needs of beginning, niche, and very small for-profit cooperative operations and other businesses and individuals. Microloans may be used to buy land, improve buildings, take soil and water conservation measures; refinance debt; buy livestock and farm equipment; and pay for training costs, for example. Cooperatives and farmers may apply through FSA for farm ownership, operating, emergency, and conservation loans under the direct loan program loans or through a credit union, bank, the Farm Credit System, or other type of lender for a guaranteed loan.

USDA Farm Service Agency-Conservation Reserve Program

The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) is a land conservation program administered by the Farm Service Agency (FSA). In exchange for a yearly rental payment, farmers enrolled in the program agree to remove environmentally sensitive land from agricultural production and plant species that will improve environmental health and quality. Contracts for land enrolled in CRP are from 10 to 15 years in length. The long-term goal of the program is to re-establish valuable land cover to help improve water quality, prevent soil erosion, and reduce loss of wildlife habitat.

USDA Farm Service Agency-Market Facilitation Program

The Market Facilitation Program (MFP) provides assistance to farmers and ranchers with commodities directly impacted by unjustified foreign retaliatory tariffs, resulting in the loss of traditional export markets. Assistance is available for agricultural producers of non-specialty crops, dairy, hogs, and specialty crops.

USDA Food and Nutrition Service - Child and Adult Care Food Program

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federal program that provides reimbursements for nutritious meals and snacks to eligible children and adults who are enrolled for care at participating child care centers, day care homes, and adult day care centers. CACFP also provides reimbursements for meals served to children and youth participating in afterschool care programs, children residing in emergency shelters, and adults over the age of 60 or living with a disability and enrolled in day care facilities. CACFP contributes to the wellness, healthy growth, and development of young children and adults in the United States.

USDA Food and Nutrition Service - Commodity Supplemental Food Program

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low-income persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods. USDA distributes both food and administrative funds to participating states and Indian Tribal Organizations to operate CSFP.