U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development Oklahoma State Director, Kenneth Corn, and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Oklahoma Tribal Liaison, Dr. Carol Crouch, will host a live webinar via Zoom Oct. 31 at 1 p.m. to help educate rural and tribal communities on the positive impact USDA can have in their respective communities.
“It is our mission to deliver timely and meaningful information to our Oklahoma partners, as USDA works together to fulfill the Biden-Harris Administration’s priority of bringing these much-needed services to rural Oklahomans regardless of their zip code,” Corn said. “I look forward to how our rural stakeholders can learn more about how USDA Rural Development and NRCS can make a positive impact in our State’s tribes and rural communities.”
To participate in this webinar on Oct. 31 at 1 p.m. register via Zoom at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEsduCsqDwjG9B7hHNBaVtFAMk6MLYyMwFH
This free webinar will focus on the following programs and grant opportunities:
- Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant Program in Oklahoma - This program provides affordable funding to develop essential community facilities in rural areas.
- Community Facilities Guaranteed Loan Program in Oklahoma - This program provides loan guarantees to eligible lenders to develop essential community facilities in rural areas.
- Water and waste Disposal Loan and Grant Program - This program provides funding for clean and reliable drinking water systems, sanitary sewage disposal, sanitary solid waste disposal, and storm water drainage to households and businesses in eligible rural areas.
- Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants in Oklahoma - This provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes or grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.
- Economic Impact Initiative Grants in Oklahoma - This program provides funding to assist in the development of essential community facilities in rural communities with extreme unemployment and severe economic depression.
- Rural Community Development Initiative Grants in Oklahoma - This program awards grants to help non-profit housing and community development organizations, low-income rural communities and federally recognized tribes support housing, community facilities and community and economic development projects in rural areas.
Under the Biden-Harris Administration, Rural Development provides loans and grants to help expand economic opportunities, create jobs and improve the quality of life for millions of Americans in rural areas. This assistance supports infrastructure improvements; business development; housing; community facilities such as schools, public safety and health care; and high-speed internet access in rural, tribal and high-poverty areas. For more information, visit www.rd.usda.gov. If you’d like to subscribe to USDA Rural Development updates, visit the GovDelivery subscriber page.
USDA touches the lives of all Americans each day in so many positive ways. Under the Biden-Harris Administration, USDA is transforming America’s food system with a greater focus on more resilient local and regional food production, fairer markets for all producers, ensuring access to safe, healthy and nutritious food in all communities, building new markets and streams of income for farmers and producers using climate-smart food and forestry practices, making historic investments in infrastructure and clean energy capabilities in rural America, and committing to equity across the Department by removing systemic barriers and building a workforce more representative of America. To learn more, visit www.usda.gov.